iRely is looking for a Director of Sales to join their Commodities / Energy Business. The job may be performed remotely from anywhere in North America and be based in USA.
The U.S. Sales Director will individually pursue the CTRM/ Energy Industry for all related sales activities. This individual will be responsible for driving sales activity in a targeted set of accounts for new account penetration and revenue development.
The U.S. Sales Director provides effective strategic and tactical sales implementation leadership for iRely to grow responsibly and in a profitable and sustainable manner. This is an individual contributor role intended to focus on sales activities and revenue production. This role leverages support from Marketing, and pre- and post-sales ERP Solutions Engineer and Implementation Consultant support resources. Upon arrival, the U.S. Sales Director will be expected to draw on experience to quickly assess and creatively lead and drive direct sales activities. With a core ongoing objective to support the company’s ability to consistently meet and/or exceed revenue and profitability growth goals, the U.S. Sales Director will be expected to intelligently expand market penetration of the Enterprise software solutions business within the targeted CTRM/ Energy marketspaces in an assigned region.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop, win, and expand CTRM / Energy business ERP sales opportunities within targeted new accounts. This position has direct responsibility for meeting sales quotas within the assigned US region.
• Assume hands-on management of iRely’s sales activities and selling strategies within target accounts. Implement a professional sales focus and comprehensive sales process as part of the sales organization and company.
• Develop proactive target account penetration sales strategies.
• Working with marketing and technical applications engineering support, pursue and develop Sales leads and account penetration opportunities within target accounts.
• Successfully develop executive level prospects in targeted account organizations.
• Take the lead in developing, negotiating, and directing sales opportunities.
• Inform Company management in a timely manner as to resource/support requirements.
• For each sales opportunity, develop and manage a deal specific consultative Solutions Selling Sales Strategy and Tactical implementation plan; and then demonstrate the incremental execution progress against the plan.
• Manage and report on the sales funnel and participate in the preparation of the sales forecasts that serve as the basis for the Company’s operating plan.
• Maintain a sense of teamwork, enthusiasm, and pride by providing open and effective lines of communication.
• Prepare reports and make presentations to Company personnel detailing sales performance, new business opportunities, competitive issues, new plans to achieve revenue improvements, etc.
• Document all relevant activity in the company CRM.
• Work constructively and professionally with peers within the organization.
The following characteristics and experience describe the ideal candidate:
• The candidate must have a hunter mentality and possess a proven track record of landing new targeted accounts and scaling business over time and growing wallet share.
• Possesses ability to establish and manage a complex sales process establishing iRely’s state-of-the-art Enterprise software solutions business within targeted CTRM/ Energy accounts
• Should be very comfortable leveraging social networking, prior business relationships and cold calling in finding new prospects and turning those into customers.
• Candidate needs the ability to partner with internal marketing, support resources and partners to grow awareness, prospect, and develop business case-based sales strategies to generate revenue.
• Possesses 5+ year successful track record in Enterprise software solutions business sales with history of meeting stretch performance goals.
• Possesses demonstrated success in closing consultative software sales with deal size ranging from $150K (average deal size) to +$800K (large deals) working directly with client executives with emphasis on dealing effectively with their business concerns.
• Ideal candidates possess CTRM / Energy ERP related industry domain experience, but other relevant industry experience will be considered.
• Able to sell in a technical as well as a business value-oriented sales model, must be able to translate employer’s product solution capabilities into client specific business value propositions.
• To ensure corporate resources are efficiently focused, candidates must possess strong prospecting and qualifying skills, capable of quickly assessing and qualifying potential buyers, and experienced in analyzing customer requirements and conveying requirements to their management.
• This results-driven, self-directed individual possesses experience with effective sales forecasting and possesses a proven track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual quota targets.
• Possesses a superior platform presence and excellent social skills; strong internal communication skills and presentation skills; strong ability to communicate with executives at trade shows and other public venues; ability to creatively discuss Sales issues, build and position company-specific, compelling value propositions and articulate their associated business impact.
• Must possess a demonstrated ability to personally develop, qualify and close high level politically complex solution implementation opportunities, this individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of sales and delivery (e.g., opportunity identification and qualification, engagement scoping and management, client relationship management, closing).
• Candidate is able to travel as needed within continental U.S.
• Candidate ideally reside within 45 minutes of a major U.S. airport
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.